Wednesday, July 11

weigh down wednesday :: motivation

Okay, time for me to fess up.
I've had a rough couple of weeks.
No, I haven't fallen completely off of the weight loss wagon.
BUT, I haven't been giving it my all either.
I've still managed to lose a few pounds, yet I know I could have lost more.
My "free" days are becoming more and more frequent.
Time to nip that in the bud.
Even though I know I've lost a huge chunk of weight, I'm not done yet.
So, it's time to take this trotting horse back to a full on gallop.

In an effort to motivate myself, I have turned, yet again, to Pinterest.
I have a health and wellness board that totally gives me a little extra push when I need it.
It's amazing how far a picture of an in shape person and a few motivating words can push me.




See what I mean?
Now I know that I'll never be thin as the girls in those pictures, nor do I want to be,
but the point gets across.

Another motivating factor is that I have recently fit into jeans that I've haven't worn in over four years        (the last time I had weight loss success).
And I have more in my closet that I'm *this close* to fitting into.
And, boy do I want to fit into them SOON!



What motivates you?

xoxo.
jen

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, Jen! It's tough when we fall into the "free day" trap--it's like you tell yourself you're just going to have one cheat meal, and then it spirals into days on end. Totally been there. The key to breaking through and staying on track is to understand our underlying emotions and needs so we don't sabotage ourselves. Take a look at the video in my link; it's not that long, and it does a great job explaining how we can break those bad habits.

    Best of luck! You can totally do this. :)

    ReplyDelete

speak easy. speak loud.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com